Casting Call for Cirque du Soleil
by mamata niyogi-nakra
As you may already know, Cirque du Soleil is a renowned company that has been giving widely acclaimed performances all over the world. They are carrying out a research on a special profile related to Contemporary Indian Dancer. The company is looking for Indian dancers trained in classical dance styles, in particular Bharata Natya/Kathak for the purpose of building a bank of Indian dancers the Cirque du Soleil will be able to use as a pool to draw from for their international productions.
Cirque du Soleil has asked me to collaborate with them in partnership for this particular project. Interested persons may contact me and send their applications to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For the videos, please note that you may use YouTube, Vimeo or YouSendIt by inserting a link and send it to me.
CURRENT SHOWS AND UPCOMING CREATIONS
STRONG CONTEMPORARY FEMALE DANCER OF INDIAN HERITAGE
SKILLED IN INDIAN DANCE STYLES SUCH AS
KATHAK, BHARATANATYAM AND/OR BOLLYWOOD
Location: International resident and touring shows
Duration of contract: Up to two years, renewable
Auditions: By invitation
Deadline for submissions: December 18, 2010
Cirque du Soleil presents live shows that combine, in an innovative way, acrobatics, theatre, dance, music and singing. Presented under big tops, in arenas or in theatres, each of the 21 Cirque du Soleil shows is a unique experience. Cirque du Soleil also produces original special events. To learn more about Cirque du Soleil, visit our website www.cirquedusoleil.com.
Cirque du Soleil is seeking a strong professional contemporary female dancer who is also skilled in Indian dance styles such as Kathak, Bharatanatyam and/or Bollywood.
- Female of Indian heritage (creator's requirement).
- Professional experience and training in contemporary, modern, and/or classical dance;
- Skills in Indian dance styles like Kathak, Bharatanatyam and/or Bollywood;
- Excellent physical condition.
Apply online and submit:
- A resume (including your weight, height, date of birth, nationality, complete contact information, years and locations of training and professional experience);
- Two photos (one headshot and one full body shot);
- A maximum five-minute video demo of your performance, including:
- Recent (less than one year) excerpts of your contemporary dance skills on stage or in studio; avoid clip editing and make sure that we can easily identify you
- Recent (less than one year) excerpts of your Indian-style dance skills (Kathak, Bharatanatyam and/or Bollywood)
- A maximum one-minute introduction to the camera: mention your name, a brief summary of your career and why you are interested in working with Cirque du Soleil
Please contact or submit applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
President - Artistic Director
Kala Bharati, Montreal
(514) 522 9239